Thursday 18 April 2013

Storyboard and script.



This is part of the script me and my group member created. I found writing a script very useful because it allowed me to plan and know exactly what kind of scene we wanted and how it is going to be set. We layed it out by using EXT and INT.

We created our story board first so we could see what the dialogue should be and how it should be said.











This is an example i have found on the internet. I think making a storyboard for my groups opening sequence benifitted us a lot because it enables me to improve the quality by identifying the flaws or faults in the design. So this allows us to see if a particular scene works with the story. I have also found it useful because it gave ideas on what camera shots, angles we could use.

In our story board we changed a few things around because there were some scenes which wouldn't work and there was certain dialogue that wasn't really appropriate for the scene due to the fact that it's a opening sequence so there was a time limit.

My old storyboard











 












My updated storyboard

 













The script i have looked at to get ideas for my opening sequence was Kidulthood. I looked at the way they speak which was informal and a lot of swearing. This sterotypes the fact on how teenagers are seen and spoken.


Mooney: F**KING HELL MAN
Trife: What blud?
Mooney: DIDN’T I TELL THEM, NO ONIONS?

This is part of a line that was between 2 boys who were known as 'bad boys'. This reinforces the ideology on how teenage boys are bound to speak in this generation.






No comments:

Post a Comment